Tuesday, December 30, 2014

~Little Moments~




This morning I was rushing... In my head I kept yelling at myself, "You know you need to wake up earlier, You know you have a longer drive to town now, You are going to get fired!"... Then I woke my little boy up (which I hate having to do). He immediately sneezed and started laughing! Right then I remembered that it is the little moments that mean the most!

I grabbed my coffee, my purse, the diaper bag and the baby and rushed out the door. Half way to the sitters house I heard a little Yawn from the backseat- I turned around and said " I WUV EWW" in his language and he gave me a smile (while pacifier was still in his mouth). Again, I was reminded that nothing at the moment mattered except the moment at hand.

It is crazy how when life gets hectic, the bills pile up, and things just aren't going the way you want them- the little moments happen that bring you back to what is really important!

Every Moment with Him and my husband is in slow motion. Its like the world is speeding past us and we are moving like slugs- I love it though- When I am rushed.. rushed...rushed.. then all of a sudden God puts a Caution- Flashing Light over them.

These are the moments I live for. They are the reason I work so hard- They are the reason I pay the bills and take on the side jobs.  But while with them- Nothing else matters! And time slows down...

~ I am not sure if it is the fact that it took so long to get pregnant with Auston.. Or the fact that Doctors told me that there was a 2% chance... But EVERYTHING he does... is HUGE to me! Every SMILE, every LAUGH, every new "trick" as Andrew calls it... I don't take any of it for granite!!

My encouragement for you today is to SLOW DOWN. When your kids are calling your name- to the point its annoying... stop and listen... go outside and play with them- schedule a lunch date if they are older... When your husband or wife needs to talk to you- STOP what you are doing and Talk... It's in those moments that you will realize or REMEMBER that nothing else matters! Everything else can wait!

Let Life throw up a CAUTION~ Take the time to be PRESENT in every moment, every laugh, every new "Trick" that may come your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment